Follow this recipe to make rosemary parmesan bread from scratch. Try this homemade recipe to make fluffy bread to serve with soups or spreads.
If you prefer sourdough bread, you will love this recipe. This bread is rich in herbs and is filled with Parmesan cheese. Rosemary parmesan bread is very popular in the UK as it complements a variety of soups and gravies.
The secret behind fluffy bread is kneading. So make sure to knead your bread properly for at least 5-10 minutes. Additional cheese in the bread will ensure you get tasty bread filled with the aroma of rosemary.
For this recipe, you will need a Dutch oven, but it can be made in a regular oven as well. The bread is crispy on the outside yet soft and pillowy on the inside. Rosemary adds the pine aroma to the bread, while the Parmesan cheese brings a nutty flavor.
This recipe is great for beginners as it’s not difficult to make and requires a few ingredients only that are easily available in the UK. It just needs a bit of time to knead the dough and raise it.
Rosemary Parmesan Bread UK Recipe
Make savory herb bread with cheese at home.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 1 cup parmesan cheese in small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour, rosemary, salt, and yeast.
- Add Parmesan cheese cubes and gently toss them in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the lukewarm water and gently fold the ingredients with a spoon until a dough forms.
- The dough will appear bumpy because of the cheese. If it’s too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water. And if it’s sticky, you can add a little bit of flour.
- Sprinkle flour onto your kitchen countertop, and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, or until smooth. Make sure none of the cheese escapes the dough.
- Once kneaded, place the dough in a large bowl. Make sure to oil the bowl before placing the dough. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel, and let it rise at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Once done, it will double in size. While the dough rises, pre-heat the Dutch oven to 450F.
- Place the dough on a large piece of parchment paper and transfer it to the Dutch oven. Cover with the lid and bake the bread for about 30-40 minutes. Make sure to reduce the temperature to 400F.
- Remove the bread from the oven once cooked and transfer it to the wire rack to cool. Slice the bread and serve it with your favorite soup or spread.
Other Recipes to Try
Follow these simple recipes:
- Top off the bread with shredded parmesan cheese and pepper.
- You can also top the bread with garlic butter, as it complements the flavor of rosemary.
- If you want soft bread, you can replace some of the water in the recipe with whole milk.
- You can store this bread in the refrigerator for over a week. Make sure to either store the bread in an air-tight container or a plastic wrap because otherwise it will lose its moisture and turn chewy.
Serving: 1 slice
|Calories: 170kcal||Carbohydrates: 30g|
|Protein: 6g||Fat: 1g|
|Cholesterol: 5mg||Sodium: 240mg|