Vegan pizza dough is a perfect starting point to fulfill your pizza cravings. This pizza dough recipe only requires a few ingredients and you can top it off with vegan cheese and tomato.
The most essential part of a pizza is the dough. It can make or break your entire pizza, therefore, it is important to get the basics right. If you are having trouble making vegan pizza dough, you can follow this repeated recipe to get a soft dough.
What I like the most about this recipe is that once you have the dough prepared, you can make all kinds of baked goods like bread, garlic breadsticks, wraps, garlic knots, and anything you can possibly think of.
You can even prepare the dough beforehand and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days and bake whatever you want in no time.
How is Vegan Pizza Dough Made
Like normal dough, vegan pizza dough only requires a few basic ingredients like:
- olive oil
As you can see the vegan dough does not require any special ingredients as you can make it with regular ones, substituting milk with water. The texture of the dough is the same and it’s fluffy as well – perfect for mini hand-tossed pizzas.
Vegan Pizza Topping Options
Once you have the dough ready, you can top it off with the topping of your choice. Here are a few ideas:
- Grilled vegetables
- Cashew mozzarella
- Tofu cheese
- Caramelized onions and zucchini
- Cherry tomato with mozzarella and basil leaves
- Spinach and artichoke
- Broccoli and onions
- Vegan pepperoni pizza
Other Vegan Recipes to Try
How to Make Vegan Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine flour with salt and yeast. Add olive oil and water to the flour.
- Knead the dough until it’s soft, and is not sticking to your fingers. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, add some water. And if the dough is too sticky, add flour.
- Coat the dough with a little olive oil and cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for 2-3 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- If you have your pizza toppings ready, pre-heat the oven to 250C.
- Divide the dough into two parts and roll it out on the parchment paper. Put the paper onto the tray and top your dough with tomato sauce, vegan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden. Serve hot.
- Knead the dough until it’s sticky and forms a cohesive ball. If it’s too sticky, add a little flour.
- You can prep the pizza dough ahead of time and wrap it in plastic wrap to store in the fridge.
- You can also freeze the dough.
- Feel free to add seasoning to the pizza dough. I love to add a little bit of garlic powder and dried basil.