Learn how to make a sweet and creamy strawberry banana chocolate smoothie at home in minutes.
This smoothie has a rich chocolate flavor with sweet bananas and strawberries. It’s like a dessert in a glass. It does not contain any sugar, so you can have it without having to worry about calories. It is low on calories but keeps you full for longer.
This healthy smoothie does not contain any milk, so if you are lactose intolerant, this smoothie is perfect. It is also 100% vegan and dairy-free, a great breakfast shake.
One serving of this smoothie contains 7 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein which keeps you full for longer.
Why you will love this smoothie recipe
- The smoothie is ready in 5 minutes.
- You can change the recipe to your taste.
- It is creamy, sweet, and healthy.
- Add protein powder to the smoothie for a quick fix before a workout.
- It’s sugarfree!
What are the main ingredients of a Chocolate Banana Strawberry smoothie?
- Frozen strawberries: You can use fresh fruit, but frozen strawberries make the smoothie creamier.
- Bananas: For the smoothie, we need ripe bananas as they are sweeter and creamier as compared to new bananas.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut milk: You can use any plant-based milk like almond milk.
- Dates: Dates add more flavor to the smoothie and give more nutrients like potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Avocado: It adds a thick creamy texture to the smoothie.
Smoothie Variations and Add-Ons
The good thing about this smoothie is that you can play around with flavors and ingredients. Here are a few things you can try:
- Peanut butter: If you want more protein in the smoothie, you can add peanut butter or any other nut butter you have.
- Veggies: Add kale, cucumber, or spinach for fiber.
- Seeds: Chia seeds are common in smoothies, but you can also add 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds or flax seeds.
- Mixed berries: Instead of just sticking to strawberries, you can use a mix of blueberries and blackberries as well.
Also, try the following recipes:
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
Try this delicious 100% vegan smoothie for breakfast, packed with nutrients and flavor.
- 1/2 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup banana, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-6 pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- If it’s too thick, add a bit of coconut milk. Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness as desired. You can add more dates if it’s not sweet enough.
- Serve in a cup, and garnish with strawberry and chocolate shavings.
- The smoothie can be stored in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Make sure to blend it again before serving.
- You can use the smoothie to make vegan popsicles in the freezer.
- You can use any type of dates available. For this recipe, I have used 2 Medjool dates as they are large in size.
- Don’t add too much milk as the smoothie will be runny and will lose its consistency.
- If you are using chia seeds in the recipe, make sure to serve the smoothie right after you make it as with time it will become thicker.
Serving: 1 smoothie
|Calories: 178kcal||Carbohydrates: 33.2g|
|Protein: 3.8g||Sugar: 16g|