The best dipping bread is smoked cornbread. Each slice would have that mouthwatering smokey flavour, and you can prepare this for any kind of food with ease.
Serve it simple or with cream cheese or syrup atop.
Simply said, cooking this recipe on the barbecue is a real blast. You get to prepare the batter as usual while giving it a deliciously smoky flavour. On the smoker, the cornbread batter cooks flawlessly with little preparation time. Every slice of the fully cooked cornbread will have the ideal taste of smokiness.
After you try the smoked cornbread, you will leave behind normal bread for sure. If you want to bake smoked cornbread, the sweet cornbread recipe is the most recommended because it’s very delicious with a hint of sweetness.
If you want a kick of flavor, you can try the Traeger smoked cornbread recipe that comes with diced pepper, and sweet corn. It’s a perfect pairing for soup, stew, or chili. You can even throw in some cheese for a fluffy texture.
If you want extra flavor, just dice some onions and add them before cooking. For meat lovers, you can also add cooked sausage into the cornbread before baking to make it savory.
Pair the smoked cornbread with gravy, a big bowl of chili, stew, or any soup in the winters for a full meal. It also goes well with a side dish of creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- ¼ cup Melted butter
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- Set the smoker to 225 degrees. Cooking spray is used on an 8×8 aluminum pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. Add the liquid components and blend thoroughly. It will be a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level it up.
- Smoke the cornbread for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out spotless.
- By baking the cornbread at a lower temperature than usual, you give it more time to take on the smokey taste. If you’d rather, you can cook this at 300 or 350; just shorten the cooking time to 45 to an hour.
Nutrition Facts of Smoked Cornbread
Calories: 222.2 kcal
|Carbohydrates 31.1g||Cholesterol 38.9 mg|
|Protein 4.7g||Sugar 7.4 g|
|Fat 9 g||Sodium 459.4mg|
- The pellet grill can also be used with a skillet. Just keep in mind that since a skillet heats up much more quickly than a pan, cooking times will differ.
- Make sure you’re using a decent egg-to-dry ingredient ratio if it’s very dry. If you don’t want to use sour cream, you may also add a tablespoon of greek yogurt.
- You can also simply freeze cornbread if you want to. Once it has completely cooled, place it in freezer,safe bags, or containers and store it there securely. The bread should be edible for two to three months.
- The cornbread will have more chance to absorb the smokey flavour if it is baked at a lower temperature than usual. If you’d like, you can cook this at 300 or 350; just shorten the cooking time to 45–60 minutes.