Let me introduce you to a dish that sounds like a medley of flavors with a super juicy bite and that’s exactly what Singaporean Rice is about. A burst of flavors in every bite. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Singaporean Rice is a delicious Chinese fusion dish that’s layered with rice, noodles with stir-fried vegetables, spicy chicken curry, and topped with a mayo sauce. The dish is garnished with fried garlic and chilies making it very attractive and mouth-watering. The dish is often served on a platter.
Singaporean rice has mixed flavors from Chinese to Indian and Malaysia. It’s basically white rice, and noodles, with extra Indian spiced chicken in a curry. This dish is a popular takeaway Chinese item in the West.
The recipe that I’m going to share today is the original Singaporean rice recipe with sauces, chicken, basmati rice, and noodles.
- 500g Chicken boneless
- 1tbsp Green chili paste
- 2 tsp Red chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Carrot
- 1 cup Potato
- ½ cup Onions (cut into cubes)
- ½ cup Chopped Capsicum
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup Tomato ketchup
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
Rice and Noodles
- 2 cups Rice (soaked)
- 2 Pepper
- Oil to fry 2-3 tbsp
- 6 Sliced garlic
- Noodles (boiled) 100g
- 6-8 Chillies (cut into half)
- Corn flour 4tbsp
- Water 4tbsp
- Water 1 ½ cup
- Green onions (chopped) 5 tbsp
- Combine all the marinade ingredients for the chicken in a basin. In the refrigerator, marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until it is tender. Place aside.
- Heat the oil in a separate skillet and briefly sauté the spice ingredients. Add the vegetables next. Stirring often, cook the carrots for 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Add the sauces and combine thoroughly.
- After that, add water and the corn flour slurry. Mix and heat the sauce until it thickens.
- Add green onions and chicken. Mix thoroughly, then taste. Only modify the tikka masala if necessary. Add salt as necessary. The gravy is done.
- Mix all the ingredients of sauces in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook 2 cups of rice with salt and peppercorn. Set aside.
- Fry garlic in oil until golden and crispy. Set aside on kitchen towel to crisp.
- In the same oil fry chilies until you see a few brown spots.
- In the same oil, fry spaghetti for a minute until warm.
- On a plate serve rice and top it with a layer of gravy. Spread some noodles over it. Finish with sauce, garlic, and fried chilies. Serve hot.
- Vegetables may be substituted based on choice.
- Instead of plain rice, it can also be served with fried or garlic rice.
- You can double the measurements and add them to the gravy if you prefer more spaghetti.
- Spicy garlic ketchup is chili garlic sauce. Add extra ketchup, a half-teaspoon of garlic powder, and a half-teaspoon of red chili powder in its place.
- All the components of the dish can be made beforehand and heat everything before layering them up.
- You can also serve the rice with any curry of your choice like Thai Red Curry.
What is Singaporean Rice made of?
Singaporean Rice is basically a Chinese fried rice dish with noodles that are seasoned with extra Indian spices and curry powder. It is a popular dish in India, and the West.
Singaporean rice is made from long basmati rice and masala chicken. It is topped off with some garlic noodles, and creamy sauce.
Nutrition Facts of Singaporean Rice
|Calories: 592kcal||Cholesterol: 29mg|
|Fats: 27g||Carbohydrates: 73g|
|Sugar: 12g||Protein: 14g|