One of my favorite dishes to prepare on Pit Boss is smoked chicken. It is not only simple to cook than other meats, but it is also a lot healthier, and more flavorful.
The many various methods to prepare chicken are simple with the Pit Boss grill. You can prepare chicken wings, drumettes, quarters, spatchcock, beer can, whole chickens, etc. for cooking.
In essence, the Pit Boss can cook chicken in the same manner as an indoor convection oven or oven. The main distinction is that you can choose to use variously flavored pellets and can even choose to smoke the chicken before cooking it.
When it comes to making Chicken on a Pit Boss pellet grill, the choice of pellets is very important as it will determine the taste and flavor of the chicken or any other meat.
Chicken and fish absorb smokey flavors very quickly, so the best wood for poultry is apple, cherry, and peach. For milder smoking, you can also use oak, alder, and pecan.
If you are smoking beef or other meat, you can use hickory or mesquite pellets for aggressive flavor. But make sure to mix it with some milder pellets, like the fruity ones mentioned above.
Now that we have discussed the pellets used in grill, let’s get on with the recipe.
- 4 pieces of chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ¼ cup paprika powder
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Table salt to taste
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- 3 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, and ginger powder in a bowl with the other marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade over the chicken and place it in a big freezer-gallon bag. To make sure the marinade is well distributed on the chicken breast, close the bag and turn the chicken inside out.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator and leave it there for 5 to 6 hours.
- Preheat The Pit Boss: If you’re not going to smoke the chicken before cooking, turn the temperature dial to 350℉. I’ve found that cooking chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit helps cook the chicken quickly, while still keeping it moist and juicy.
- Leave the grill’s P4 factory default setting on Pit Boss.
- The chicken breasts should be placed on the grill once the meat has been spiced and the grill has achieved the right temperature.
- Make sure the meat thermometer you use to verify the temperature of the chicken is accurate. At 350°F, chicken breasts will take 20 to 30 minutes to cook. Little chicken breasts require 10 to 12 minutes to cook. The safe internal temperature for chicken is at least 165°F, regardless of its size (74 degrees Celsius).
- Using tongs, take the meat from the grill once it has achieved a core temperature that is safe for ingestion. Place the chicken on a surface and give it approximately 10 minutes to rest before chopping.
- Cover the chicken with an aluminum foil tent. The chicken will stay warm throughout the entire 10–15-minute rest period thanks to the aluminum foil.
- Don’t put the chicken breasts in the center of the grill; place them on one side. This will free up space on the other side of the grill where you may cook potatoes and vegetables.
- You should flip the chicken if you want grill marks on both sides.
- If you don’t want so much sugar, try adding additional smoked paprika instead. can add more chili powder and delicious ingredients to the dish.
- To assist with extra rub adhere to chicken skin, DO NOT use cooking oil. The skin will cook with less crispiness the more oil you use.
What to Server With Pit Boss Chicken
You can either serve Pit Boss smoked chicken by itself with some BBQ sauce as dipping and fries, or you can make it into a full meal with a few additions. Here are some things you can serve with pit boss chicken.
- Coconut milk pasta
- Smoked poblano peppers
- Jamaican seasoned rice
- Mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables
- Purple daikon radish
- Macaroni salad
- Potato salad
- Smoked cornbread
Nutrition Facts of Pit Boss Chicken Breast
Serving size: 4
Calories: 267 kcal
|Carbohydrates: 0.7 g||Sugar: 0.5 g|
|Protein: 38.4 g||Cholesterol: 124.1 mg|
|Fat: 11.5 g||Vitamin C: 0.1 mg|