During the holiday season, I mostly get asked how to cook smoked turkey wings. Well, it all depends on what kind of texture you are looking for – crispy wings require deep fry, while less crispy but packed with flavor can be cooked in the oven.
If you have smoked turkey in the fridge, you can easily cook them and serve them as a dish with mashed potatoes, and grilled vegetables.
If you don’t have pre-smoked wings, you will first need to smoke the meat and then cook it in the oven, stove, or air-fryer.
Here are some main ways to cook smoked turkey:
- Cooking smoked turkey wings in the oven
- Cooking smoked turkey wings on the stove
- Cooking smoked turkey wings in an air fryer
- Cooking smoked turkey wings in a pressure cooker
- Cooking smoked turkey wings in a crock pot
How to cook Smoked Turkey Wings in the Oven?
- Season your smoked turkey wings with a BBQ rub of your choice, or a homemade spice rub.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Oil your baking tray and place the wings.
- Cook the smoked wings in the oven for 15 minutes per pound. If the amount is more, you can double the cooking time.
- With the meat thermometer, check if the turkey is fully cooked. The internal temperature of cooked meat is 165F.
How to cook smoked turkey wings on the stove?
- Turn on the stove, and heat it to medium-high.
- Place the smoked turkey wings in a large pan or skillet.
- Make sure to pour enough water into the pan so that it covers the wings. You can also use chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the pan and cook for about 15 minutes.
How to Cook Smoked Turkey Wings in an Air Fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F for 2-6 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer with oil.
- Put the wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Check if the meat is cooked. If you need it more crispy, you can increase the cooking time.
How to cook smoked turkey wings in a pressure cooker?
- Season smoked turkey wings with salt, garlic powder, cumin, lemon, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika.
- Place the wings in the pressure cooker and add two finely minced garlic and one diced onion.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and 1 cup of water.
- Cook for 30 minutes, and serve with soy sauce.
How to cook smoked turkey in a crock pot?
- Season smoked turkey with spices.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the smoked wings for about 7-8 minutes until brown. You can also divide the turkey wings into batches.
- After the wings are light brown, put them in the crock pot and add 1/2 cup of sherry wine.
- Add 2 sliced onions and 5-6 garlic cloves.
- Cook for 4 hours on medium heat.
How to cook smoked turkey wings on the grill
- Add turkey wings to a large pot with garlic and water. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the wings and coat them in dry BBQ rub, or mix it with soy sauce and coat the wings.
- Preheat the grill and cook the wings for about 25 minutes per side.
- Serve it with cheese, or BBC sauce.
- When you are cooking pre-smoked turkey, you should always cook them for about 15 minutes per pound.
- You can serve the pre-smoked turkey without cooking it. However, if you want more flavor, you can cook the turkey wings.
- Turkey is mostly served with mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. I like to serve it with smoked poblanos, and purple daikon radish.