If you like making macarons, you can step up the game by trying out hamburger macarons. These tiny little macarons look like the hamburger emoji with chocolate fudge as the patty, pineapple slices ad cheese, and strawberries as tomatoes.
Hamburger macarons are also decorated with fondant to make them look like miniature burgers. What I love about this recipe is that it only requires a few ingredients and is easy to make.
You can turn your simple macarons into mini hamburgers that everyone will love. It’s great for birthday parties, luncheons, and dinner parties.
What do Hamburger Macarons taste like
Hamburger macarons are made with vanilla-flavored macaron shells and are decorated with simple fondant. The hamburger patty is made with rich chocolate ganache.
If you don’t want to use fondant for decorations, you can use fresh fruit like strawberries, mangoes, and kiwi to add color to the macarons.
Hamburger Macarons Recipe Card
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 egg whites (for almond mixture)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 37ml water
- 2 egg whites (for the meringue)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 drops of orange food gel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 3/4 cups dark chocolate
- 1 cup white marshmallows
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Add icing sugar, cocoa powder, and almond meal into a blender and combine well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Sift the almond mixture into a large bowl. Make sure to do this at least 2 times to make sure everything has turned into fine powder.
- Add egg whites into the mixture and mix until it forms a paste. Set aside
- Add sugar and water into a saucepan. Boil on high heat and simmer on low heat. As the syrup is bubbling check the temperature. When the temperature reaches 115C, add egg whites and whisk them with an electric mixer at high speed until frothy.
- Add orange food color, and vanilla extract. Whisk the meringue for another 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula, fold the almond mixture into the meringue until well combined. Continue folding until the mixture is thick enough to pipe.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and set it aside.
- Have your baking trays lined with parchment and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Pipe the batter in small circles.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and bake the shells for 10-12 minutes. Once they are baked, let them cool.
- Add chocolate into a large bowl and microwave until it melts. Make sure to microwave for 20 seconds and stir well, before popping it in the oven again.
- Set aside to cool. Once it cools, add cream to the chocolate and stir well.
- Once the mixture is set to pipe, pipe small rounds to make hamburger patties for macaron shells.
- Chill in the refrigerator to set.
- Add marshmallows to a large bowl, and microwave until it melts completely.
- Take a hand blender and mix sugar in marshmallow melts.
- It should form a dough that you will need to knead by hand.
- Knead the dough on the kitchen counter for 3-4 minutes and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let it chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Once it’s set, knead the dough again and divide it into three sections.
- Add green, yellow, and red colors to the dough sections and knead to evenly distribute the color.
- Roll out the fondant and cut it into thin slices to make tomato, lettuce, and cheese.
- Place a chocolate ganache patty on the macaron, add fondant layers. Add chocolate ganache between each layer of fondant to keep everything in place.
- Place the second macaron cookie on top to make a sandwich.
Other Recipes to Try
Follow these simple recipes:
- If you don’t want to use fondant, feel free to replace it with fresh fruits of different color.
- Macarons can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
|Calories: 460kcal||Carbohydrates: 55g|
|Protein: 6g||Fat: 12g|
|Sugar: 28mg||Cholesterol: 24mg|