Take your breakfast pancakes, waffles, or bread to another level of deliciousness with this sticky, and sweet Bourbon Maple Syrup recipe. Breakfast will never be boring again!
This DIY homemade bourbon maple syrup is an excellent alternative to store-bought syrups. With just a few ingredients, you have a perfect syrup for your waffles, puddings, oats, smoked cornbread, and more.
A sticky, hot, and sweet sauce that has been amplified with bourbon is called bourbon maple syrup. There is an entire family of closely related alcoholic beverages.
It is produced in the USA and contains at least 51 percent corn mash in order to be referred to as bourbon. The same product is known as whiskey in Canada, however, the main ingredient is still corn.
Similarly, when it comes to maple syrup, there are various types ranging from light to dark. Light maple syrup is the sweetest with a mild flavor. The dark one is less sweet with the intense flavor of maple. For this recipe, I opted for light maple syrup.
With this mouthwatering syrup recipe made with maple and bourbon, you can dip your waffles, smoked cornbread, or toast into the delicious syrup to make your mornings special.
- 3tbsp Bourbon
- 1 cup Maple Syrup (pure)
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Bring the maple syrup, bourbon, and butter just to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for three minutes.
- After adding the vanilla extract, turn off the heat. Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to three days covered.
- This can also be prepared in advance. When butter is chilled, a layer will form on top, but when butter is warmed again, it will readily mix in.
You can substitute butter for vegan butter, but the taste will not be the same. However, if you usually go with vegan butter in your recipes, then feel free to substitute.
If you want to substitute bourbon, you can use whiskey, scotch, or even light rum to get similar results. Use whatever drink you like, and I assure you, the end result will be a great syrup!
If you want to try something different, you can try my favorite fireweed jelly recipe that goes well with toast.
Nutritional Facts of Bourbon Maple Syrup Per Serving
|Calories 80 kcal||Sodium 31 mg|
|Fat 1 g||Fiber 1.2 g|
|Protein 12.9 g||Carbohydrates 1.2 g|
- Heat the mixture for 4-5 minutes over low heat if you prefer a softer alcohol kick and to burn off part of the alcohol.
- Do not overcook the mixture as it will lose its maple essence.
- If you want a kick of spice to the syrup, you can add ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper. It will enhance the flavor of both maple and bourbon.