Having a warm cup of herbal tea before bed is the best way to calm your nerves before bedtime. Sleepytime tea ingredients contain chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, and a few other aromatic herbs that help in calming nerves.
If you are a tea lover, you must have used sleepytime tea by celestials and other brands. They are quick to make, as you only need hot water and a tea bag. But if you are like me who prefers homemade things over store-bought, today we will learn about how to make sleepytime tea at home.
Sleepytime tea is made from simple ingredients that are readily available in the market. You can mix all the herbs and make the tea at home. It even allows you to add more ingredients and adjust the taste to your liking.
What ingredient in the Sleepytime tea makes you sleepy?
Sleepytime tea is the best way to cure sleep apnea. Most teas contain chamomile, a medicinal herb that has calming properties. Chamomile is used to relieve stress and has proven to induce sound sleep.
Chamomile promotes healthy sleep and relieves insomnia. It works as a mild tranquilizer as it lowers heart rate, and blood pressure, and increases immune functions that block stress responses. So, if you have trouble sleeping at night, this tea will help you get sound sleep.
Sleepytime Tea Ingredients
- 3 tsp chamomile
- 2 tsp peppermint/ spearmint crushed
- 2 tsp lemongrass
- 1 tsp lavender or passionflower
- 1 tsp catnip
- 1/4 tsp valerian root
- Combine all the herbs in a bowl.
- Take a saucepan and bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Place 1 tbsp of the prepared tea in a tea infuser.
- Place the infuser in your mug, and fill it with hot water according to your desired quantity.
- Let the tea steep for 2-5 minutes, before removing the infuser.
- Enjoy your cup of warm sleepytime tea at home.
- Save the leftover tea in an air-tight jar, don’t let it go to waste. You can store it in the jar for several weeks.
- You can also add dried rose petals as well.
- If you like sweet teas, feel free to add honey to your tea. Avoid using refined sugar.
What are celestial sleepytime tea ingredients?
Celestial is a ready-made herbal tea that is a blend of Chamomile, Lemongrass, Spearmint, Blackberry leaves, Tilia Flower, Hawthorn, and Rosebuds.
It has zero fats and calories. Sleepytime is a bedtime tea that helps soothe your nerves before bedtime.
How to Steep Tea Without Infuser?
You can make sleepytime tea at home without an infuser as well. Simply spoon the tea into a pot and pour it into hot water. Cover the pot for 2-3 minutes.
When your tea is ready, take a mesh, or strainer, put it on your teacup, and strain the tea. If you don’t have a teapot, you can use two tea cups as well.
You can also use coffee filters to brew tea, just like making drip coffee. If you have tea bags lying around, empty the bags, add your own tea mixture and seal them again. Use it to make tea without having to use an infuser.
Also try the following recipes: